Studiocanal added Bastille Day to its roster on the eve of the festival last week in a package that stars Idris Elba and Blue Is The Warmest Color‘s Adèle Exarchopoulos. Focus Features has now acquired North American distribution rights to the action thriller to be directed by The Woman In Black helmer James Watkins. Andrew Baldwin wrote the script for the Paris-set pic that sees a rogue CIA agent forced to team with an unsuspecting American con-artist to thwart a terrorist attack on French soil. Principal photography starts later this summer. Philippe Rousselet is producing via his Vendome Pictures along with Steve Golin, David Kanter, and Bard Dorros for Anonymous Content. Studiocanal is financing and handling international sales. It will distribute in France, the UK, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand.
Cannes: Focus Features Takes North America On Idris Elba Thriller ‘Bastille Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under