Studiocanal added Bastille Day to its roster on the eve of the festival last week in a package that stars Idris Elba and Blue Is The Warmest Color‘s Adèle Exarchopoulos. Focus Features has now acquired North American distribution rights to the action thriller to be directed by The Woman In Black helmer James Watkins. Andrew Baldwin wrote the script for the Paris-set pic that sees a rogue CIA agent forced to team with an unsuspecting American con-artist to thwart a terrorist attack on French soil. Principal photography starts later this summer. Philippe Rousselet is producing via his Vendome Pictures along with Steve Golin, David Kanter, and Bard Dorros for Anonymous Content. Studiocanal is financing and handling international sales. It will distribute in France, the UK, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand.
Cannes: Focus Features Takes North America On Idris Elba Thriller ‘Bastille Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald