Joe Berlinger, the documentary filmmaker who co-directed the Paradise Lost trilogy about the West Memphis 3 and Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster, will make the narrative pic Facing The Wind. The film has Vera Farmiga, Evan Rachel Wood and Alessandro Nivola attached and it will be sold at Cannes. An adaptation of the nonfiction book by ex-Wall Street Journal reporter Julia Salamon, it tells the story of Bob Rowe, who spiraled from model husband to a man who commits a shocking act of violence against a loved one and then tries to redeem himself. Nivola will play Rowe, Farmiga will play his first wife, whom he murders. Wood plays his second wife, whom he marries after pleading insanity and avoiding prison. Rita Wilson and Jennifer Beals will play supporting roles.
Cannes: Docu Helmer Joe Berlinger On ‘Facing The Wind’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism