Joe Berlinger, the documentary filmmaker who co-directed the Paradise Lost trilogy about the West Memphis 3 and Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster, will make the narrative pic Facing The Wind. The film has Vera Farmiga, Evan Rachel Wood and Alessandro Nivola attached and it will be sold at Cannes. An adaptation of the nonfiction book by ex-Wall Street Journal reporter Julia Salamon, it tells the story of Bob Rowe, who spiraled from model husband to a man who commits a shocking act of violence against a loved one and then tries to redeem himself. Nivola will play Rowe, Farmiga will play his first wife, whom he murders. Wood plays his second wife, whom he marries after pleading insanity and avoiding prison. Rita Wilson and Jennifer Beals will play supporting roles.
Cannes: Docu Helmer Joe Berlinger On ‘Facing The Wind’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction