In what Demarest Films and Kilburn Media say is the first of several new joint ventures, the pair has entered an overall deal with Jeremy Renner and Don Handfield’s The Combine. The pact will cover the film and TV production company’s overhead costs and provide it with a fund for acquisition and development of new projects. In exchange, Demarest and Kilburn get first look at producing and financing the shingle’s projects. The Combine produced Kill The Messenger with Bluegrass Films; Focus is releasing the anticipated Michael Cuesta-directed drama in October. The Combine is also developing Slingshot with FilmNation and Endgame Entertainment as a starring vehicle for Renner, and King Of Heists with Black Bear Pictures. On the TV and digital side, it recently sold feature The Throwaways to multi-platform network Crackle. Demarest principals Sam Englebardt and William D Johnson, and Mark Manuel and Ted O’Neal of Kilburn will work side-by-side with Renner and Handfield who founded The Combine in 2011 and previously had a first-look deal with Indian Paintbrush. CAA brokered the deal with Demarest Films and Kilburn Media on behalf of The Combine.
Cannes: Demarest Films, Kilburn Media Partner With Jeremy Renner’s The Combine
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview