In what Demarest Films and Kilburn Media say is the first of several new joint ventures, the pair has entered an overall deal with Jeremy Renner and Don Handfield’s The Combine. The pact will cover the film and TV production company’s overhead costs and provide it with a fund for acquisition and development of new projects. In exchange, Demarest and Kilburn get first look at producing and financing the shingle’s projects. The Combine produced Kill The Messenger with Bluegrass Films; Focus is releasing the anticipated Michael Cuesta-directed drama in October. The Combine is also developing Slingshot with FilmNation and Endgame Entertainment as a starring vehicle for Renner, and King Of Heists with Black Bear Pictures. On the TV and digital side, it recently sold feature The Throwaways to multi-platform network Crackle. Demarest principals Sam Englebardt and William D Johnson, and Mark Manuel and Ted O’Neal of Kilburn will work side-by-side with Renner and Handfield who founded The Combine in 2011 and previously had a first-look deal with Indian Paintbrush. CAA brokered the deal with Demarest Films and Kilburn Media on behalf of The Combine.
Cannes: Demarest Films, Kilburn Media Partner With Jeremy Renner’s The Combine
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest Film News
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin