Hollywood is jumping through hoops to infiltrate China; now, a Chinese company is returning the favor. China Lion Film Distribution acquired U.S. and Canada rights to the Enlight Pictures’ romantic comedy The Breakup Guru, which it will also release in Australia and New Zealand day-and-date with its June 27 release in China. Pic stars Deng Chao (who co-directed the film with Yu Baimei) and Yang Mi. Deng Chao is a member of the Chinese National Theatre from Mainland China, with credits that include The Four Franchise, and Detective Dee And The Mystery Of The Phantom Flame. Yang Mi is a well-known Chinese actress known for her roles in Tiny Times and Painted Skin: The Resurrection, the latter of which China Lion Australian/New Zealand previously released. Breakup Guru follows the misadventures of a man (Deng Chao) hired to do one of the most uncomfortable jobs ever: break-up with someone. Excelling at his job, a client (Yang Mi) finds him more of a nuisance to get rid of. Here’s the teaser trailer:
Cannes: China Lion Roars For North American Rights On ‘The Breakup Guru’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount