Studiocanal and Nordisk Film Production are partnering on A Hijacking director Tobias Lindholm‘s A War. Pilou Asbæk (R, A Hijacking) will star as Major Claus Michael Pedersen, an officer put on trial upon his return from a tour of duty in Afghanistan. Lindholm wrote this year’s Foreign Language Oscar nominee The Hunt and the hit Danish TV series Borgen. A Hijacking, which Magnolia released Stateside, won Denmark’s Bodil Award for Best Film of 2012. The latest entry in the hot Scandi thriller arena, A War centers on a determined Danish company commander as he fights to make a difference and lead his troops. During a standoff with the Taliban, a young soldier is critically injured and Pedersen makes an instinctive decision to bomb the area in order to allow the arrival of a rescue helicopter. The mission succeeds and the young soldier survives, but the bodies of 11 Afghan women and children are found in the ruins. The major is arrested and accused of a war crime, returning home to face a military trial and a battle to keep his life and family together. Also in the cast are Tuva Novotny, Søren Malling, Charlotte Munck and Dulfi Al-Jabouri. Producers are Tomas Radoor and René Ezra for Nordisk. Studiocanal will start international sales in Cannes and release the film in France, Germany, the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Nordisk Film Distribution has Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
Cannes: ‘A Hijacking’ Helmer Tobias Lindholm Starts ‘A War’; Studiocanal Selling
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega Unsure How Fans Will React To New ‘Star Wars’ Pic
- Tom Cruise Unravels ‘Mummy’ Reboot Chatter
- Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans To Assemble On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ For “Big Surprise” Tonight
- ‘JeruZalem’ Trailer: Israeli End Times Horror Pic Gets US Release