UPDATED: Week 50 of the 2013-2014 Broadway season saw more box-office fall-off, as total grosses dropped to $28,750,477 from $29,244,147 in Week 49, according to figures released by the Broadway League. Attendance was off as well, at 284,081, down from 290,507 a week earlier. But Neil Patrick Harris and Denzel Washington continued to see tickets gobbled up by fans with fat wallets for Hedwig And The Angry Inch and A Raisin In The Sun, respectively, with both shows exceeding seating capacity and listed gross potential. Among the winners of the week The Bridges Of Madison County, got a $106,000 bump after posting a closing notice of May 18. Best Musical Tony nominee After Midnight rose $135,400 from the previous stand, and the Alan Cumming/Michelle Williams revived revival Cabaret, at Studio 54, was up $155,000. Last year’s Tony best musical, Kinky Boots, was off a bit over $808,000 after playing just four near sellout performances. Strugglers remained pretty much unchanged: Terrence McNally’s Mothers And Sons played to half-filled houses and took in just 26% of its gross potential of $767,400. Harvey Fierstein’s Casa Valentina was a little stronger, playing to 85% of capacity. Top-grossing show of the week was Wicked, at $1,736,317, just edging out The Lion King‘s $1,693,549 (though the big cat’s gross reflected only seven performances). The Book Of Mormon was the week’s priciest average ticket, at $190.53.
UPDATE: Broadway Box Office Slips Again; ‘Hedwig’, ‘Raisin’ SRO
What's Hot on Deadline
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $56M: But Why Is It Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Dips Below $60M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Bit By ‘Pets’ — Box Office…
- 'Absolutely Fabulous' Binges On The Big Screen; Mike Birbiglia Tackles Improv: Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Climbs On Social Media After Moving Comic-Con World Premiere
- ‘The Conjuring 2’ Crosses $300M & Becomes Third-Highest-Grossing Horror Franchise
- Tony Danza Game For ‘White Rabbit Red Rabbit’ Play