I’ve learned that country star Brad Paisley has become the first musician tapped for a judge seat on ABC‘s summer singing competition reality series Rising Star. Paisley has a long association with ABC and the gig stems from his successful stint on the network’s CMA Awards, which Paisley has been co-hosting with Carrie Underwood for the past six years. The other two judges are expected to be locked in soon. ABC had no comment. Based on the Israeli format, Rising Star, from Keshet DCP, a joint venture between Keshet International and dick clark prods. parent DC Media, is a live talent show that incorporates real-time voting by viewers via an App. Contestants are separated from the studio audience and the judges by a translucent floor-to-ceiling LED screen where images of voters at home appear live, and the singer can see how the vote tally is growing during the performance. The screen goes up and the performer sees the judges (and the audience) only if they reach a voting threshold. Former American Idol executive producer Ken Warwick and Nicolle Yaron ( ) serve as executive producers of Rising Star, which is still modifying the format to accommodate the U.S.’ three time zones. Rising Star did very well in Israel and just premiered strong in Portugal.
Brad Paisley To Be Judge On ABC Reality Series ‘Rising Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV