I’ve learned that country star Brad Paisley has become the first musician tapped for a judge seat on ABC‘s summer singing competition reality series Rising Star. Paisley has a long association with ABC and the gig stems from his successful stint on the network’s CMA Awards, which Paisley has been co-hosting with Carrie Underwood for the past six years. The other two judges are expected to be locked in soon. ABC had no comment. Based on the Israeli format, Rising Star, from Keshet DCP, a joint venture between Keshet International and dick clark prods. parent DC Media, is a live talent show that incorporates real-time voting by viewers via an App. Contestants are separated from the studio audience and the judges by a translucent floor-to-ceiling LED screen where images of voters at home appear live, and the singer can see how the vote tally is growing during the performance. The screen goes up and the performer sees the judges (and the audience) only if they reach a voting threshold. Former American Idol executive producer Ken Warwick and Nicolle Yaron ( ) serve as executive producers of Rising Star, which is still modifying the format to accommodate the U.S.’ three time zones. Rising Star did very well in Israel and just premiered strong in Portugal.
Brad Paisley To Be Judge On ABC Reality Series ‘Rising Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Womens March…
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Tessa Ferrer Cast In Season 2 Of Audience Network Series
- Amazon Raises Price Of Monthly Prime Memberships By 18% To $12.99
- Joel McHale Unveils Topical Weekly Show For Netflix
- Jimmy Kimmel Teaches Donald Trump How To Do “Dishonest & Corrupt” Awards
- Starz Files Petitions With FCC To Get Network Put Back On Altice Cable Systems