I’ve learned that country star Brad Paisley has become the first musician tapped for a judge seat on ABC‘s summer singing competition reality series Rising Star. Paisley has a long association with ABC and the gig stems from his successful stint on the network’s CMA Awards, which Paisley has been co-hosting with Carrie Underwood for the past six years. The other two judges are expected to be locked in soon. ABC had no comment. Based on the Israeli format, Rising Star, from Keshet DCP, a joint venture between Keshet International and dick clark prods. parent DC Media, is a live talent show that incorporates real-time voting by viewers via an App. Contestants are separated from the studio audience and the judges by a translucent floor-to-ceiling LED screen where images of voters at home appear live, and the singer can see how the vote tally is growing during the performance. The screen goes up and the performer sees the judges (and the audience) only if they reach a voting threshold. Former American Idol executive producer Ken Warwick and Nicolle Yaron ( ) serve as executive producers of Rising Star, which is still modifying the format to accommodate the U.S.’ three time zones. Rising Star did very well in Israel and just premiered strong in Portugal.
Brad Paisley To Be Judge On ABC Reality Series ‘Rising Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Praises Newt Gingrich For Telling Megyn Kelly She’s Fascinated With Sex
- Stana Katic Poised To Star In Thriller Drama Series ‘Absentia’ For Sony’s AXN
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- World Series Ratings Up For Game 1 On Fox; Most Shows Hold Up Well Against It
- AwesomenessTV & Verizon Hire Ex-Uni TV Head Of Drama Russell Rothberg As SVP
- LAPD Has “No Suspects” In Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Destruction