I’ve learned that country star Brad Paisley has become the first musician tapped for a judge seat on ABC‘s summer singing competition reality series Rising Star. Paisley has a long association with ABC and the gig stems from his successful stint on the network’s CMA Awards, which Paisley has been co-hosting with Carrie Underwood for the past six years. The other two judges are expected to be locked in soon. ABC had no comment. Based on the Israeli format, Rising Star, from Keshet DCP, a joint venture between Keshet International and dick clark prods. parent DC Media, is a live talent show that incorporates real-time voting by viewers via an App. Contestants are separated from the studio audience and the judges by a translucent floor-to-ceiling LED screen where images of voters at home appear live, and the singer can see how the vote tally is growing during the performance. The screen goes up and the performer sees the judges (and the audience) only if they reach a voting threshold. Former American Idol executive producer Ken Warwick and Nicolle Yaron ( ) serve as executive producers of Rising Star, which is still modifying the format to accommodate the U.S.’ three time zones. Rising Star did very well in Israel and just premiered strong in Portugal.
Brad Paisley To Be Judge On ABC Reality Series ‘Rising Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'