I’ve learned that country star Brad Paisley has become the first musician tapped for a judge seat on ABC‘s summer singing competition reality series Rising Star. Paisley has a long association with ABC and the gig stems from his successful stint on the network’s CMA Awards, which Paisley has been co-hosting with Carrie Underwood for the past six years. The other two judges are expected to be locked in soon. ABC had no comment. Based on the Israeli format, Rising Star, from Keshet DCP, a joint venture between Keshet International and dick clark prods. parent DC Media, is a live talent show that incorporates real-time voting by viewers via an App. Contestants are separated from the studio audience and the judges by a translucent floor-to-ceiling LED screen where images of voters at home appear live, and the singer can see how the vote tally is growing during the performance. The screen goes up and the performer sees the judges (and the audience) only if they reach a voting threshold. Former American Idol executive producer Ken Warwick and Nicolle Yaron ( ) serve as executive producers of Rising Star, which is still modifying the format to accommodate the U.S.’ three time zones. Rising Star did very well in Israel and just premiered strong in Portugal.
Brad Paisley To Be Judge On ABC Reality Series ‘Rising Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess
- Josh Meyers Upped To Series Regular On ‘Red Oaks’
- Rick Santorum Announces Candidacy To ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos
- Randy Jackson Inks Overall Producing Deal With Endemol Shine North America
- YouTube’s ‘The Gorburger Show’ Moving To TV With HBO Pilot Order