EXCLUSIVE: Saturday Night Live alum Bill Hader has signed an exclusive development deal with HBO to create and star in a new comedy series for the premium cable network. Hader is best known for his eight-season stint on SNL where he was one of the most popular cast members of the past decade, creating such memorable characters as NY club scene expert Stefon and Italian talk show host Vinni Vedechi and earning two Emmy nominations. Hader also wrote for the venerable NBC sketch comedy show as well as for Comedy Central’s South Park, sharing in an animated program Emmy award. Hader, repped by Odenkirk/Provissiero Entertainment, UTA and attorney Fred Toczek, is in production on Judd Apatow’s feature Trainwreck for Universal Pictures and will next be seen in the Sundance Film Festival breakout drama The Skeleton Twins opposite fellow SNL alumna Kristen Wiig, set for a September release from Roadside Attractions.
Bill Hader To Create & Star In HBO Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”