EXCLUSIVE: Saturday Night Live alum Bill Hader has signed an exclusive development deal with HBO to create and star in a new comedy series for the premium cable network. Hader is best known for his eight-season stint on SNL where he was one of the most popular cast members of the past decade, creating such memorable characters as NY club scene expert Stefon and Italian talk show host Vinni Vedechi and earning two Emmy nominations. Hader also wrote for the venerable NBC sketch comedy show as well as for Comedy Central’s South Park, sharing in an animated program Emmy award. Hader, repped by Odenkirk/Provissiero Entertainment, UTA and attorney Fred Toczek, is in production on Judd Apatow’s feature Trainwreck for Universal Pictures and will next be seen in the Sundance Film Festival breakout drama The Skeleton Twins opposite fellow SNL alumna Kristen Wiig, set for a September release from Roadside Attractions.
Bill Hader To Create & Star In HBO Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals