IFC Midnight plans a fall day-and-date release for the Barcelona-set horror pic. IFC Films’ genre label said today that it has picked up U.S. rights to Asmodexia, from first-time feature director Marc Carreté. The creepshow follows an exorcist (Luis Marco) and his granddaughter (Claudia Pons) over five days as they try to help the people possessed by a fast-spreading infection of the soul and are tracked by a mysterious cult. The pic is produced by Emili Pons, Albert Armengol, Carles Herrera and Jordi Bosch. The deal was negotiated by Sean Berney, Manager of Acquisitions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films and Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers. Check out the trailer below:
IFC Midnight Lures Spanish Horror Pic ‘Asmodexia’ To U.S.
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV