No surprise here — NBC has renewed midseason comedy About A Boy for a second season. The romantic comedy, from Jason Katims, has done solid business on Tuesdays behind The Voice, averaging a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 8.3 million viewers in most current ratings. What’s more, after the inevitable post-premiere slide, the show has held ground in the ratings, even posting a few upticks. About A Boy, based on Nick Hornby’s book and the movie with Hugh Grant, stars David Walton and Minnie Driver. Katims exec produces with Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin, Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal for Universal TV, Working Title Films, True Jack Prods. and Tribeca Prods. No word yet on About A Boy‘s Tuesday companion, Growing Up Fisher, whose renewal has not been as certain as About A Boy‘s.
NBC Renews ‘About A Boy’ For Second Season
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
- 'The Erotic Silence Of The American Wife' Drama From Sally Robinson & Tony Krantz Set At ABC
- Tyra Banks Panel Talk Show To Launch In Fall 2015 On ABC Stations