ABC‘s comedy cleanup continued with cancellations of Suburgatory and Super Fun Night. They join fellow ABC comedy casualties Trophy Wife, The Neighbors and Mixology. Suburgatory and The Neighbors‘ fate was sealed last night when ABC picked up to series comedy pilots Selfie, from Suburgatory creator Emily Kapnek, and Galavant, from The Neighbors creator Dan Fogelman. Suburgatory had a lot going for it in season one — a big ratings start as a breakout hit and a breakout star in Jane Levy. The series started meandering creatively in Season 2. It attempted a reboot in Season 3 with casting and setting changes but that failed to bring viewers back. Still, ABC president Paul Lee loved the show, whose name sounded great in Lee’s British accent, and there was a small chance for a limited Season 4 order until Selfie got the go-ahead. Still in negotiations for a pickup is Friday comedy Last Man Standing.
ABC Cancels ‘Suburgatory’ & ‘Super Fun Night’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates