ABC‘s comedy cleanup continued with cancellations of Suburgatory and Super Fun Night. They join fellow ABC comedy casualties Trophy Wife, The Neighbors and Mixology. Suburgatory and The Neighbors‘ fate was sealed last night when ABC picked up to series comedy pilots Selfie, from Suburgatory creator Emily Kapnek, and Galavant, from The Neighbors creator Dan Fogelman. Suburgatory had a lot going for it in season one — a big ratings start as a breakout hit and a breakout star in Jane Levy. The series started meandering creatively in Season 2. It attempted a reboot in Season 3 with casting and setting changes but that failed to bring viewers back. Still, ABC president Paul Lee loved the show, whose name sounded great in Lee’s British accent, and there was a small chance for a limited Season 4 order until Selfie got the go-ahead. Still in negotiations for a pickup is Friday comedy Last Man Standing.
ABC Cancels ‘Suburgatory’ & ‘Super Fun Night’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres