Major League Baseball‘s 2014 season isn’t even 10 games old, which means every team is still in contention. Even the Houston Astros, whose fans have suffered with the league’s worst record each of the past three years. The team is mired in last place again — natch — but even more disheartening is the 0.0 Nielsen rating it posted for Monday’s game. That’s right, a Blutarsky: zero-point-zero. One could safely assume this is a new low for the Astros, except that it isn’t. The team also scored a 0.0 back in September. But that was as it was circling the drain of another tragic season and nearly a quarter of the city’s TV audience was watching the Houston Texans play the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens. There was no such competition Monday night as the Astros were being routed by the Angels. Yes, a Nielsen rating can be deceiving. The channel airing the game, CSN Houston, only reaches about 1 in 11 Houston-area TV households; no satellite carrier or U-verse. But really, if the hometown team pulls a double donut in its seventh game of a fresh season, it doesn’t bode well for when the Astros are eliminated from the playoffs by midsummer or so.
Zero-Point-Zero: Baseball’s Worst Team Gets TV’s Worst Rating — Again
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature