Fox is pulling out all the stops for the global launch of X-Men: Days Of Future Past, with stars Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy stepping up to bat for a week’s worldwide premiere tour billed as the “X-Men X-Perience.” The trio — who respectively play Wolverine, young Magneto and young Dr. Charles Xavier in the film — made a web video announcement today (see below). After the New York premiere, they will be joined by castmembers Jennifer Lawrence, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Peter Dinklage, Ellen Page, Fan Bingbing, Omar Sy and Nicholas Hoult for tour stops including London, Moscow, Singapore, Melbourne, Beijing and Sao Paulo — though who will wind up where is still a secret. The X-Men franchise has morphed into a cash cow overseas, with the most recent titles — last year’s The Wolverine and 2011’s X-Men: First Class — pulling in well over 60% of their global box office haul from territories outside the U.S. and Canada. This is a marketing move typical of 20th Century Fox’s prowess in foreign markets, and since the days of Titanic and Braveheart it has always globetrotted talent in an effort to raise a film’s profile and maximize moolah. X-Men: Days Of Future Past opens day and date worldwide May 25.
‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ Launch Plan Puts Focus On Stars: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Contestants Have A New Advisor: Taylor Swift
- Exclusive Venice Clip: The Vibrant Bluegrass Music In Ami Canaan Mann's 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Hot Trailer: Kids' Lives In Danger After Rummaging In Stephen Daldry's 'Trash'
- EMMYS: Sarah Silverman On Pot, Nudity & Nazis
- EMMYS: Backstage With The Winners
- Hot Teaser: Watch Out For The Lollipops On 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'