Syfy has greenlighted The Wil Wheaton Project (working title), a 12-episode summer series hosted by actor, blogger and geek culture expert Wil Wheaton. The 30-minute weekly comedy show is slated to premiere May 27 at 10 PM. Each week, Wheaton will dissect the week’s most popular and trending topics across science fiction film, television and pop culture, video games, viral videos and news. “Wil Wheaton’s rock star status within the genre fan base, along with his insatiable passion for all things pop culture, make him the ideal arbiter of what’s hot and what’s not in the genre space,” said Syfy President Dave Howe. Recently, Wheaton has recurred on Syfy’s Eureka, TNT’s Leverage and CBS’ The Big Bang Theory. He played Axis of Anarchy leader Fawkes in Felicia Day’s web series The Guild and currently hosts Falling Skies: Second Watch for TNT. Wheaton also is the creator, producer, and host of web series Tabletop, which is in its second season. Wil Wheaton Project is a production of Pilgrim Studios, with Craig Piligian and Mike Nichols (Ghost Hunters) executive producers.
Wil Wheaton To Host Summer Comedy Series On Syfy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company