Syfy has greenlighted The Wil Wheaton Project (working title), a 12-episode summer series hosted by actor, blogger and geek culture expert Wil Wheaton. The 30-minute weekly comedy show is slated to premiere May 27 at 10 PM. Each week, Wheaton will dissect the week’s most popular and trending topics across science fiction film, television and pop culture, video games, viral videos and news. “Wil Wheaton’s rock star status within the genre fan base, along with his insatiable passion for all things pop culture, make him the ideal arbiter of what’s hot and what’s not in the genre space,” said Syfy President Dave Howe. Recently, Wheaton has recurred on Syfy’s Eureka, TNT’s Leverage and CBS’ The Big Bang Theory. He played Axis of Anarchy leader Fawkes in Felicia Day’s web series The Guild and currently hosts Falling Skies: Second Watch for TNT. Wheaton also is the creator, producer, and host of web series Tabletop, which is in its second season. Wil Wheaton Project is a production of Pilgrim Studios, with Craig Piligian and Mike Nichols (Ghost Hunters) executive producers.
Wil Wheaton To Host Summer Comedy Series On Syfy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt
- 'The Colbert Report' Has An Official End Date