Gaumont International Television (Hannibal) has teamed with filmmaker Justin Lin and his Perfect Storm Entertainment for Radiant Doors, a drama that has been set up at WGN America. The project, from writer Jeremy Doner (The Killing), has received a script against a series commitment, meaning that it would go straight to series if the pilot script gets WGN’s approval. An adaptation of the short story by Michael Swanwick, Radiant Doors is described as a gripping drama series exploring how our society deals with the sudden arrival of a flood of refugees from a dystopian future. Lin is set to direct and executive produce with Doner and Perfect Storm’s Danielle Woodrow and Troy Craig Poon, with Ryan Andolina serving as co-producer. “We have been wanting to work with both Justin and Jeremy and are so happy to have them come together on this project,” said GIT CEO Katie O’Connell. “The award-winning short story really captivated all of us with its transcendent themes.” Both WGN America and GIT are in the straight-to-series business. WGN’s first original drama, Salem, premieres April 20. Lin and Doner are repped by CAA.
WGN America In Script-To-Series Deal With Gaumont & Justin Lin For Dystopian Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA