The latest entry into the inspirational sports movie is based on the longest winning streak in sports history — or rather, what happened when it ended. De La Salle High School in Northern California had gone 12 years and 151 games without knowing the agony of defeat. When The Game Stands Tall focuses on the lives of the players and coaches and their families after the streak was snapped. Backlash, self-doubt, serious illness, death. The ensemble cast features Jim Caviezel, Laura Dern, Michael Chiklis and Alexander Ludwig. Thomas Carter (Coach Carter) directs the Mandalay/TriStar pic, which was written by Scott Marshall Smith. Sony opens it August 22 — just in time for kickoff around the country. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: Sony’s ‘When The Game Stands Tall’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE