“To win a war, you have to start one.” This HBO telefilm arrives nearly three decades after Larry Kramer’s play premiered off-Broadway. Mark Ruffalo, Matt Bomer, Taylor Kitsch, Jim Parsons and Julia Roberts star in the adaptation directed by Ryan Murphy and scripted by Kramer. Set in NYC during the onset of the HIV/AIDS crisis of the early ’80s, The Normal Heart follows gay activists and their allies in the medical community as they try to expose the truth about the burgeoning epidemic. HBO already is looking into a sequel. The telepic, which co-stars Alfred Molina, Joe Mantello, Jonathan Groff, Denis O’Hare, Stephen Spinella, Corey Stoll, Finn Wittrock and BD Wong, bows May 25 on the premium channel. Here’s the first full trailer:
Hot TV Trailer: HBO’s ‘The Normal Heart’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Fertility Workplace Comedy From Annie Neal & Doug Robinson
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Fox Buys 2 Projects From Lee Daniels: Gospel Choir Drama As Put Pilot & Multi-Racial Soap With Penalty
- James Corden Regrets His Kiss With Sean Spicer; Promises It Was A “One-Time Thing”
- ‘For The People’: Production Temporarily Shut Down On ABC Shondaland Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”