Alastair Orr-directed Indigenous will make its world premiere in the Midnight section of the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival. In the ultimate vacation-gone-wrong scenario, the pic focuses on five friends who travel to Panama to rest and reconnect. Things take a turn when they befriend a local woman in their hotel bar—and despite some ominous whispers—she goes against the specific instructions of her brother and brings the Americans on a day trip into the pristine falls at the nearby jungle. What begins as an innocent outing quickly turns terrifying after she suddenly goes missing and they become prey for the legendary, blood-sucking Chupacabra. Cast includes Zachary Soetenga, Lindsey McKeon, Pierson Fode, Sofia Pernas, Laura Penuela, Juanxo Villaverde. Check out the trailer:
Hot Tribeca Trailer: Chupacabra Horror Pic ‘Indigenous’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy's Michael Rooker Rejoins Jazz Biopic 'Bolden'
- Giovanni Ribisi, Juno Temple & More Join 'Meadowland'