Alastair Orr-directed Indigenous will make its world premiere in the Midnight section of the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival. In the ultimate vacation-gone-wrong scenario, the pic focuses on five friends who travel to Panama to rest and reconnect. Things take a turn when they befriend a local woman in their hotel bar—and despite some ominous whispers—she goes against the specific instructions of her brother and brings the Americans on a day trip into the pristine falls at the nearby jungle. What begins as an innocent outing quickly turns terrifying after she suddenly goes missing and they become prey for the legendary, blood-sucking Chupacabra. Cast includes Zachary Soetenga, Lindsey McKeon, Pierson Fode, Sofia Pernas, Laura Penuela, Juanxo Villaverde. Check out the trailer:
Hot Tribeca Trailer: Chupacabra Horror Pic ‘Indigenous’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group