“I did not kill my wife!” Ben Affleck‘s hubby protagonist Nick Dunne emphatically declares in the first trailer from the high-profile big-screen adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s worldwide bestseller Gone Girl. And though that catchphrase might be an echo from 1993’s The Fugitive, Dunne is a guy — unlike Harrison Ford’s Dr. Richard Kimble — who has the deck stacked against him when it comes to his murdered better half (Rosamund Pike). Or so it seems. One of Flynn’s inspirations for the novel stemmed from the psychology and dynamics of couples’ long-term relationships. CinemaCon attendees got an early look at the trailer last month. Fox will release the David Fincher film on the first Friday in October — in the same spot the director’s 2010 awards-season darling, The Social Network, launched. Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Missi Pyle and Patrick Fugit round out the cast. Take a look and see if you can get Richard Butler’s eerie cover of the Charles Aznavour’s song “She” out of your head:
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck in ‘Gone Girl’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Contestants Have A New Advisor: Taylor Swift
- Exclusive Venice Clip: The Vibrant Bluegrass Music In Ami Canaan Mann's 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Hot Trailer: Kids' Lives In Danger After Rummaging In Stephen Daldry's 'Trash'
- EMMYS: Sarah Silverman On Pot, Nudity & Nazis
- EMMYS: Backstage With The Winners
- Hot Teaser: Watch Out For The Lollipops On 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'