Call this Episode 2: A New Hope. Warner Bros had to be taken aback a bit by the feel-good box office for its feel-good family pic Dolphin Tale, which hit No. 1 in its second weekend back in 2011 and finished with $95 million-plus worldwide. Alcon Entertainment dips its toe in the waters again for Dolphin Tale 2, which follows the inspired-by-a-true-story of Hope, a young dolphin who is saved with the help of the good people from the first movie — namely Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd, Nathan Gamble, Cozi Zuehlsdorff, Kris Kristofferson, Morgan Freeman and Austin Stowell. Bethany Hamilton, the young shark-bite survivor who inspired the feel-good (there’s that phrase again) movie Soul Surfer, also has a role. The pic from returning director Charles Martin Smith, who also wrote this installment, comes up for air September 19. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Dolphin Tale 2′
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'