Topher Grace has boarded Lionsgate‘s action comedy American Ultra, adding to a cast that already includes Jessie Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Uma Thurman and Walton Goggins. This is the pic Lionsgate scooped up just after Berlin with a $7M pre-buy for U.S. distribution rights, one of the richest deals to come out of the fest this year. Directed by Nima Nourizadeh (Project X) and a script by Chronicle scribe Max Landis, Ultra centers on Eisenberg’s character, a stoner whose small-town life with his live-in girlfriend (Stewart) is upended when his past catches up with him, putting him the crosshairs of a government operation bent on wiping him out. Grace will play a hotshot CIA agent who has recently taken on seniority that has gone to his head, and power-hungry he begin a mission to kill a secret government asset. Grace, repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped production on Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is shooting Home opposite Patricia Clarkson.
Topher Grace Joins ‘American Ultra’
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin On China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts -- Confirmation Hearing Updated Final
Latest Film News
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A ‘Hollywood Ending’?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners
- Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But “Depressed” About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
- Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson Are The 'Nasty Women' In MGM's 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ Remake
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Trailer: Will Forte & Ellen Page Voice English-Language Version