Topher Grace has boarded Lionsgate‘s action comedy American Ultra, adding to a cast that already includes Jessie Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Uma Thurman and Walton Goggins. This is the pic Lionsgate scooped up just after Berlin with a $7M pre-buy for U.S. distribution rights, one of the richest deals to come out of the fest this year. Directed by Nima Nourizadeh (Project X) and a script by Chronicle scribe Max Landis, Ultra centers on Eisenberg’s character, a stoner whose small-town life with his live-in girlfriend (Stewart) is upended when his past catches up with him, putting him the crosshairs of a government operation bent on wiping him out. Grace will play a hotshot CIA agent who has recently taken on seniority that has gone to his head, and power-hungry he begin a mission to kill a secret government asset. Grace, repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped production on Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is shooting Home opposite Patricia Clarkson.
Topher Grace Joins ‘American Ultra’
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?