Topher Grace has boarded Lionsgate‘s action comedy American Ultra, adding to a cast that already includes Jessie Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Uma Thurman and Walton Goggins. This is the pic Lionsgate scooped up just after Berlin with a $7M pre-buy for U.S. distribution rights, one of the richest deals to come out of the fest this year. Directed by Nima Nourizadeh (Project X) and a script by Chronicle scribe Max Landis, Ultra centers on Eisenberg’s character, a stoner whose small-town life with his live-in girlfriend (Stewart) is upended when his past catches up with him, putting him the crosshairs of a government operation bent on wiping him out. Grace will play a hotshot CIA agent who has recently taken on seniority that has gone to his head, and power-hungry he begin a mission to kill a secret government asset. Grace, repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped production on Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is shooting Home opposite Patricia Clarkson.
Topher Grace Joins ‘American Ultra’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End