Topher Grace has boarded Lionsgate‘s action comedy American Ultra, adding to a cast that already includes Jessie Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Uma Thurman and Walton Goggins. This is the pic Lionsgate scooped up just after Berlin with a $7M pre-buy for U.S. distribution rights, one of the richest deals to come out of the fest this year. Directed by Nima Nourizadeh (Project X) and a script by Chronicle scribe Max Landis, Ultra centers on Eisenberg’s character, a stoner whose small-town life with his live-in girlfriend (Stewart) is upended when his past catches up with him, putting him the crosshairs of a government operation bent on wiping him out. Grace will play a hotshot CIA agent who has recently taken on seniority that has gone to his head, and power-hungry he begin a mission to kill a secret government asset. Grace, repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped production on Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is shooting Home opposite Patricia Clarkson.
Topher Grace Joins ‘American Ultra’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?
- ‘Desierto’ Trailer: Jonas Cuarón’s Border Thriller Starring Gael Garcia Bernal & Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Review: Real-Life Disaster Movie Explosive But Not Compelling