Corporate governance watchdogs probably won’t like the fact that CEO Joseph Ripp will also be chairman of the 10-member board after Time Warner spins off its publishing unit. After all, the directors are supposed to hold the CEO accountable. But at least the Time Inc board doesn’t have any apparent shrinking violets or corporate novices. Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes says the group has “a wealth of experience in publishing, electronic media, advertising, consumer-facing businesses, and technology that is vital for Time Inc’s future.” In addition to Ripp, the board will consist of: Interpublic Group former CEO David Bell, National Geographic Society former CEO John Fahey, Gartner Inc former CEO Manuel Fernandez, Tribune Co former CEO Dennis FitzSimons, Kraft Foods former co-CEO Betsy Holden, USA Networks founder Kay Koplovitz, former IBM SVP J. Randall MacDonald, former Cravath, Swaine & Moore partner Ronald Rolfe, and former Sony CEO Howard Stringer.
Time Inc Board To Include Howard Stringer, Kay Koplovitz And Other Media Vets
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content