EXCLUSIVE: Thomas Lennon has joined the cast of Paramount’s Monster Trucks, the live-action/animation hybrid also starring Danny Glover, Jane Levy, Amy Ryan, Lucas Till, and Holt McCallany. Chris Wedge (Ice Age) is directing Paramount Animation‘s would-be franchise starter, which Mary Parent is producing. Plot details on the original script by Jonathan Aibel, Glenn Berger and Derek Connolly are under wraps, but Lennon’s is a “significant” role. Filming begins this month ahead of a May 29, 2015, debut. Actor, writer, producer, and director Lennon currently exec produces Comedy Central’s social media-fueled @midnight with partner Robert Ben Garant, with whom he co-created the network’s cop satire Reno 911! and MTV’s The State. The pair also scripted comedy features The Pacifier, Let’s Go To Prison, and the Night at the Museum pics starring Ben Stiller, and wrote and directed the 2013 comedy Hell Baby. A third Night at the Museum film is in the works penned by Lennon and Garant, who also are co-writing Naked Gun for Paramount, Guinea Pigging for Fox 2000, and Choose Your Own Adventure for Fox. On the TV side, Lennon is set to star as the Felix to Matthew Perry’s Oscar in CBS sitcom The Odd Couple. Lennon is repped by Principato Young Entertainment, CAA, and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen, Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Thomas Lennon Straps In For Paramount’s ‘Monster Trucks’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'