The agreement gives the studio opportunities to develop scripted or unscripted “multiplatform projects” from work on any of Gannett‘s TV stations, digital assets, and newspapers including USA Today. The companies will hire a development exec to lead the effort. “This groundbreaking venture with Gannett will allow us to discover and explore rich new storylines and narratives for a wide array of audiences,” says Weinstein Company president David Glasser. Gannett CMO Maryam Banikarim called TWC “an innovative marketer” that can help to “bring new content partnerships as well as branded entertainment opportunities to our advertisers.” The companies announced the partnership in New York at Gannett’s upfront presentation to advertisers. Its recent $1.5B acquisition of Belo added 20 TV outlets to Gannett’s portfolio and made the company — which was already the No. 1 owner of NBC affiliates — also the top independent owner of CBS affiliates, and No. 4 with ABC.
The Weinstein Co Makes First-Look Programming Deal With Gannett
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest Business News
- Massachusetts Court To Take Redstone Case, But Doesn’t Order A Mental Exam
- CBS Raises Dividend And Stock Buybacks Ahead Of Q2 Earnings Report
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Actors’ Equity Leaders Say They've Been "Threatened" By 99-Seat Plan Opponents
- Head Of Boston Film Office Suspended After Extortion Indictment
- Facebook Sees Growing User Engagement From Changes In Ad Loads And Video