This might be as much attention as the straight-to-video pic ever got. Millennium Entertainment, which distributed The Donner Party starring Crispin Glover, is facing a breach-of-contract suit over the 2009 pic. In a lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court (read it here), Anacapa Entertainment says Millennium “failed to provide proper accounting to Plaintiff and failed to pay a percentage of profits.” Millennium had picked up rights to the film from First Look Studios in November 2010, the suit says. Anacapa is seeking a jury trial and at least $1 million plus damages, fees, etc. LA attorneys Richard M. Rosenthal and Valentina Kudryavtseva are representing the plaintiff.
Millennium Sued Over Profits From Crispin Glover Pic ‘The Donner Party’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions