This might be as much attention as the straight-to-video pic ever got. Millennium Entertainment, which distributed The Donner Party starring Crispin Glover, is facing a breach-of-contract suit over the 2009 pic. In a lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court (read it here), Anacapa Entertainment says Millennium “failed to provide proper accounting to Plaintiff and failed to pay a percentage of profits.” Millennium had picked up rights to the film from First Look Studios in November 2010, the suit says. Anacapa is seeking a jury trial and at least $1 million plus damages, fees, etc. LA attorneys Richard M. Rosenthal and Valentina Kudryavtseva are representing the plaintiff.
Millennium Sued Over Profits From Crispin Glover Pic ‘The Donner Party’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?