EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: I’ve learned that Brooklyn Nine-Nine co-star Terry Crews is in line to succeed Cedric the Entertainer as host of the syndicated game show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I hear Crews last week reached an agreement for the show, though the deal has not been finalized. Cedric was told of that this past weekend, following his 50th birthday on April 24. The veteran comedian announced today that he would be leaving the show after one season, citing his busy schedule as well as the production’s move to Connecticut, done as a budget-cutting measure. Cost trimming may also have played a role in the show’s host change. Crews is a busy man too, juggling his Fox series, which has been renewed for a second season, and movies including The Expendables franchise.
Terry Crews Poised To Become New Host Of ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series