EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: I’ve learned that Brooklyn Nine-Nine co-star Terry Crews is in line to succeed Cedric the Entertainer as host of the syndicated game show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I hear Crews last week reached an agreement for the show, though the deal has not been finalized. Cedric was told of that this past weekend, following his 50th birthday on April 24. The veteran comedian announced today that he would be leaving the show after one season, citing his busy schedule as well as the production’s move to Connecticut, done as a budget-cutting measure. Cost trimming may also have played a role in the show’s host change. Crews is a busy man too, juggling his Fox series, which has been renewed for a second season, and movies including The Expendables franchise.
Terry Crews Poised To Become New Host Of ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”