The producers have their eye on Maisie Richardson-Sellers, an Oxford-trained actress whose credits seem to range from local stage plays to, well, more local stage plays. With the scarcity of real Star Wars: Episode VII casting news, any hints from the London set have fans and media making the jump to light speed. Six weeks ago, the rumor mill had Adam Driver out front for a lead villain role. And with production set to start next month on the Disney/Lucasfilm tentpole, it’s high time for some facts. But not tonight. Well, at least R2-D2 is confirmed. Meanwhile, the franchise pic is due to touch down in theaters December 18, 2015.
British Newcomer Eyed For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil’ Breached Deal
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016