The producers have their eye on Maisie Richardson-Sellers, an Oxford-trained actress whose credits seem to range from local stage plays to, well, more local stage plays. With the scarcity of real Star Wars: Episode VII casting news, any hints from the London set have fans and media making the jump to light speed. Six weeks ago, the rumor mill had Adam Driver out front for a lead villain role. And with production set to start next month on the Disney/Lucasfilm tentpole, it’s high time for some facts. But not tonight. Well, at least R2-D2 is confirmed. Meanwhile, the franchise pic is due to touch down in theaters December 18, 2015.
British Newcomer Eyed For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald