The producers have their eye on Maisie Richardson-Sellers, an Oxford-trained actress whose credits seem to range from local stage plays to, well, more local stage plays. With the scarcity of real Star Wars: Episode VII casting news, any hints from the London set have fans and media making the jump to light speed. Six weeks ago, the rumor mill had Adam Driver out front for a lead villain role. And with production set to start next month on the Disney/Lucasfilm tentpole, it’s high time for some facts. But not tonight. Well, at least R2-D2 is confirmed. Meanwhile, the franchise pic is due to touch down in theaters December 18, 2015.
British Newcomer Eyed For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Role
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- MTV Greenlights Two Unscripted Series For 2015 – 'Broke A$$ Game Show' & 'Todrick'
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops
- 'Hedwig' Producer David Binder Attaches To London Stage Fest
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence