The producers have their eye on Maisie Richardson-Sellers, an Oxford-trained actress whose credits seem to range from local stage plays to, well, more local stage plays. With the scarcity of real Star Wars: Episode VII casting news, any hints from the London set have fans and media making the jump to light speed. Six weeks ago, the rumor mill had Adam Driver out front for a lead villain role. And with production set to start next month on the Disney/Lucasfilm tentpole, it’s high time for some facts. But not tonight. Well, at least R2-D2 is confirmed. Meanwhile, the franchise pic is due to touch down in theaters December 18, 2015.
British Newcomer Eyed For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?