Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment has teamed with Robert FX Sillerman’s SFX, a global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture, and T-Mobile U.S., to produce Ultimate DJ, a music event competition television show revolving around the booming EMC and focusing on building new DJ talent. Developed by Syco, Ultimate DJ does not have a TV network and will launch initially online. It will feature producer-challenges where DJs will be asked to submit recordings for fan voting via social media. From there, the competition will move on to live challenges and performances in SFX event venues. The project reunites Cowell with Sillerman whose company owned American Idol producer 19 Entertainment while Cowell was on the show.
Simon Cowell To Produce TV Competition Series For EMC DJs That Will Launch Online
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over