Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment has teamed with Robert FX Sillerman’s SFX, a global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture, and T-Mobile U.S., to produce Ultimate DJ, a music event competition television show revolving around the booming EMC and focusing on building new DJ talent. Developed by Syco, Ultimate DJ does not have a TV network and will launch initially online. It will feature producer-challenges where DJs will be asked to submit recordings for fan voting via social media. From there, the competition will move on to live challenges and performances in SFX event venues. The project reunites Cowell with Sillerman whose company owned American Idol producer 19 Entertainment while Cowell was on the show.
Simon Cowell To Produce TV Competition Series For EMC DJs That Will Launch Online
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Defies 'Gravity' On Friday; 'Everest' & 'The Walk' In Large Format Quandary - Saturday AM Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed