Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment has teamed with Robert FX Sillerman’s SFX, a global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture, and T-Mobile U.S., to produce Ultimate DJ, a music event competition television show revolving around the booming EMC and focusing on building new DJ talent. Developed by Syco, Ultimate DJ does not have a TV network and will launch initially online. It will feature producer-challenges where DJs will be asked to submit recordings for fan voting via social media. From there, the competition will move on to live challenges and performances in SFX event venues. The project reunites Cowell with Sillerman whose company owned American Idol producer 19 Entertainment while Cowell was on the show.
Simon Cowell To Produce TV Competition Series For EMC DJs That Will Launch Online
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Holiday B.O. Explosion: 'Five Armies' Storms Into Theaters, Seizes $90M+ Over Five Days - Sunday B.O. Update
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate