Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment has teamed with Robert FX Sillerman’s SFX, a global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture, and T-Mobile U.S., to produce Ultimate DJ, a music event competition television show revolving around the booming EMC and focusing on building new DJ talent. Developed by Syco, Ultimate DJ does not have a TV network and will launch initially online. It will feature producer-challenges where DJs will be asked to submit recordings for fan voting via social media. From there, the competition will move on to live challenges and performances in SFX event venues. The project reunites Cowell with Sillerman whose company owned American Idol producer 19 Entertainment while Cowell was on the show.
Simon Cowell To Produce TV Competition Series For EMC DJs That Will Launch Online
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'