Sara Vahabi, who worked on the Focus Features Oscar campaign for Dallas Buyers Club, has been promoted to VP at Los Angeles-based PR firm Karen Fried & Associates. Vahabi joined KFA in 2011 and has been part of the team that spearheaded campaigns that garnered a total of 18 Oscar noms. “With extensive experience both in Europe and the U.S., Sara brings the international strategic thinking necessary in an expanding global film market,” said Fried. “She speaks five languages and has worked and lived all over the globe which makes her even more valuable for clients’ specific needs today.” Vahabi has over 15 years of experience within special events and public relations and has collaborated on several international film campaigns. She moved to Los Angeles in 2001 to work for the Consulate General of Sweden, where she was in charge of promotional affairs with a focus on Swedish film. In 2008, she ran the Press Department at the Stockholm International Film Festival in her native Sweden. She also has handled publicity for films at Cannes, Palm Springs, Sundance and Toronto film festivals. Speaking five languages … wow.
Sara Vahabi Upped To VP At Karen Fried & Associates
Trending Now on Deadline
Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment At FremantleMedia; More
More From Busch
- '22 Jump Street' Being Re-Released Oct. 24th Only Days Before Home Entertainment Launch
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
- Hot Reads: DreamWorks' Stacey Snider On 'Lawrence in Arabia' And More
- 'Fury' Box Office Opens To Strong $1.2M; 'Book Of Life' To $300K – Late Nights; Friday Matinees Tumble In
- Former Film Engine's Navid McIIhargey Partners With German Financiers, Acquires First Project 'The Feud'