Sara Vahabi, who worked on the Focus Features Oscar campaign for Dallas Buyers Club, has been promoted to VP at Los Angeles-based PR firm Karen Fried & Associates. Vahabi joined KFA in 2011 and has been part of the team that spearheaded campaigns that garnered a total of 18 Oscar noms. “With extensive experience both in Europe and the U.S., Sara brings the international strategic thinking necessary in an expanding global film market,” said Fried. “She speaks five languages and has worked and lived all over the globe which makes her even more valuable for clients’ specific needs today.” Vahabi has over 15 years of experience within special events and public relations and has collaborated on several international film campaigns. She moved to Los Angeles in 2001 to work for the Consulate General of Sweden, where she was in charge of promotional affairs with a focus on Swedish film. In 2008, she ran the Press Department at the Stockholm International Film Festival in her native Sweden. She also has handled publicity for films at Cannes, Palm Springs, Sundance and Toronto film festivals. Speaking five languages … wow.
Sara Vahabi Upped To VP At Karen Fried & Associates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- DreamWorks Animation Finance Exec To Join Robert Simonds' STX Venture
- Mark Wahlberg In Talks To Star In 'Deepwater Horizon'
- Box Office Final: 'Let's Be Cops,' $17.8M; 'The Expendables,' $15.8M, 'The Giver,' $12.3M As 'Turtles' Runs With $28.5M
- Int'l Box Office: 'How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Flies To Top To Become All-Time Animated Opener in China
- UPDATE: 'Midnight Rider' Exec Producer Jay Sedrish Pleads Not Guilty
- Curfew In Ferguson: Police Presence Around Regal Theater As Late Show Of 'Let's Be Cops,' Other Movies Will Go On