Sara Vahabi, who worked on the Focus Features Oscar campaign for Dallas Buyers Club, has been promoted to VP at Los Angeles-based PR firm Karen Fried & Associates. Vahabi joined KFA in 2011 and has been part of the team that spearheaded campaigns that garnered a total of 18 Oscar noms. “With extensive experience both in Europe and the U.S., Sara brings the international strategic thinking necessary in an expanding global film market,” said Fried. “She speaks five languages and has worked and lived all over the globe which makes her even more valuable for clients’ specific needs today.” Vahabi has over 15 years of experience within special events and public relations and has collaborated on several international film campaigns. She moved to Los Angeles in 2001 to work for the Consulate General of Sweden, where she was in charge of promotional affairs with a focus on Swedish film. In 2008, she ran the Press Department at the Stockholm International Film Festival in her native Sweden. She also has handled publicity for films at Cannes, Palm Springs, Sundance and Toronto film festivals. Speaking five languages … wow.
Sara Vahabi Upped To VP At Karen Fried & Associates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- UPDATE: Jeff Robinov Details Studio 8's Plans For 24 Pics Over 5 Years; Fosun Chairman Says It Was 'Love At First Sight'
- 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' Becomes Top Grossing Korean Film In U.S.
- Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Sarah Jones Walk-A-Thon Planned By 'Vampire Diaries,' 'The Originals' Cast And Crew
- Political Strategist Andy Spahn Adds Partner Jennifer Gonring To Co.'s Moniker