The eight-time Sports Emmy winner was a regular in the truck during NFL games called by the popular announcing duo of Pat Summerall and John Madden. Sandy Grossman has died after a long battle with cancer. He was 78. He spent 21 seasons with Summerall and Madden, first at CBS and later at Fox. Said Fox Sports President: “Sandy was part of the original heart and soul of Fox Sports. He was a brilliant director and a thoughtful colleague. He mentored many of us here and throughout the sports TV industry, and we learned more from him than he could imagine.” The Newark, NJ, native’s credits include directing 10 Super Bowls — more than anyone else — along with 18 NBA Finals and five Stanley Cup Finals. He also was in the director’s chair for coverage of multiple Olympics.
R.I.P. Sports Director Sandy Grossman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast