The Oscar-nominated actress will lend her voice to the raunchy animated tale of a sausage’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. Salma Hayek will play Teresa the Taco in Sausage Party, the R-rated toon written by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir. She joins a voice cast that includes Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig, Michael Cera, Edward Norton, and David Krumholtz. After falling out of a shopping cart, the hero sausage and his new friends embark on a journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the Fourth of July sale. Sony and Annapurna Pictures are co-financing and producing. Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan direct. Sony is releasing worldwide and eyeing a 2015 date. Hayek most recently appeared in Grown Ups 2 and Here Comes The Boom and next stars in How To Make Love Like An Englishman and Everly.
Salma Hayek Invited To Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg’s ‘Sausage Party’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Yamato
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood