The Oscar-nominated actress will lend her voice to the raunchy animated tale of a sausage’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. Salma Hayek will play Teresa the Taco in Sausage Party, the R-rated toon written by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir. She joins a voice cast that includes Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig, Michael Cera, Edward Norton, and David Krumholtz. After falling out of a shopping cart, the hero sausage and his new friends embark on a journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the Fourth of July sale. Sony and Annapurna Pictures are co-financing and producing. Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan direct. Sony is releasing worldwide and eyeing a 2015 date. Hayek most recently appeared in Grown Ups 2 and Here Comes The Boom and next stars in How To Make Love Like An Englishman and Everly.
Salma Hayek Invited To Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg’s ‘Sausage Party’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'