Relativity Media has set a summer limited bow for Desert Dancer, from helmer Richard Raymond. Reece Ritchie and Freida Pinto star in the true story of Afshin Ghaffarian (Ritchie), an Iranian dancer who risked everything to start a dance company amidst the politically volatile climate of the country’s 2009 protests and the nation’s ban on dancing. Pic marks Raymond’s directorial debut and was written by Jon Croker (Paddington) and produced by Pippa Cross, Richard Raymond, Izabella Miko and Luis Astorquia. Desert Dancer will open in select cities on August 15, expanding on August 22.
Relativity Sets ‘Desert Dancer’ For August
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency