Relativity Media has set a summer limited bow for Desert Dancer, from helmer Richard Raymond. Reece Ritchie and Freida Pinto star in the true story of Afshin Ghaffarian (Ritchie), an Iranian dancer who risked everything to start a dance company amidst the politically volatile climate of the country’s 2009 protests and the nation’s ban on dancing. Pic marks Raymond’s directorial debut and was written by Jon Croker (Paddington) and produced by Pippa Cross, Richard Raymond, Izabella Miko and Luis Astorquia. Desert Dancer will open in select cities on August 15, expanding on August 22.
Relativity Sets ‘Desert Dancer’ For August
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch