It was a Cinderella story in last night’s NCAA basketball tournament championship, with Connecticut and Kentucky making it to the title game in a matchup of two of the lower-seeded teams in history to make it that far. But the fairy tale didn’t quite translate to ratings magic, with the numbers expected to be down from last year. (In the rough, not time-zone-adjusted fast nationals, the game drew a 6.0 in 18-49, down 20% from 2014, and 17.8 million viewers, down 14%.) Still, the basketball game towered over the competition, delivering a dominating nightly victory for CBS. NBC’s The Voice (3.4) ended its downward streak, even with last Monday. The network preempted drama The Blacklist to get struggling new Sunday reality series American Dream Builders some sampling behind Voice. It got some extra eyeballs with its best rating to date, but at a 1.6, Dream Builders held onto less than half of its lead-in and was down 43% from what Blacklist most recently logged in the hour. ABC’s Dancing With The Stars (2.1) slipped a tenth from its fast national last Monday (0.2 from the final) for a season low. Castle was a repeat. Fox’s Bones (1.6) was up a tenth from last week for its largest margin so far over lead-out The Following (1.4), flat with last Monday. Yet, in Live+7, the heavily DVR-ed The Following is expected to finish way ahead. The CW’s Star-Crossed (0.3) continues its seesaw run, down a tenth from last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NCAA Final Slips, Still Tops, ‘Dream Builders’ Soft Behind ‘Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…
- Diana Rigg Joins Court For Season 2 Of PBS’ ‘Victoria’