It was a Cinderella story in last night’s NCAA basketball tournament championship, with Connecticut and Kentucky making it to the title game in a matchup of two of the lower-seeded teams in history to make it that far. But the fairy tale didn’t quite translate to ratings magic, with the numbers expected to be down from last year. (In the rough, not time-zone-adjusted fast nationals, the game drew a 6.0 in 18-49, down 20% from 2014, and 17.8 million viewers, down 14%.) Still, the basketball game towered over the competition, delivering a dominating nightly victory for CBS. NBC’s The Voice (3.4) ended its downward streak, even with last Monday. The network preempted drama The Blacklist to get struggling new Sunday reality series American Dream Builders some sampling behind Voice. It got some extra eyeballs with its best rating to date, but at a 1.6, Dream Builders held onto less than half of its lead-in and was down 43% from what Blacklist most recently logged in the hour. ABC’s Dancing With The Stars (2.1) slipped a tenth from its fast national last Monday (0.2 from the final) for a season low. Castle was a repeat. Fox’s Bones (1.6) was up a tenth from last week for its largest margin so far over lead-out The Following (1.4), flat with last Monday. Yet, in Live+7, the heavily DVR-ed The Following is expected to finish way ahead. The CW’s Star-Crossed (0.3) continues its seesaw run, down a tenth from last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NCAA Final Slips, Still Tops, ‘Dream Builders’ Soft Behind ‘Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M - Update
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Sundance 2018: RuPaul Heading To Park City For ‘Drag Race’ Retrospective & Award Juror Role
- Deadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘American Koko’s Diarra Kilpatrick Talks Diverse Storytelling In The Digital…
- Judd Apatow’s ‘Love’ To End On Netflix With Season 3, Which Gets Premiere Date
- ‘Carnival Row’: Andrew Gower & Jamie Harris Set To Recur In Amazon’s Fantasy Drama Series
- ‘The Crown’ Season 2 Skewing Older, Affluent & Female For Netflix, Nielsen Says
- Disney-Fox Deal: 5,000 To 10,000 Jobs Will Likely Be Shed: Analyst