It was a Cinderella story in last night’s NCAA basketball tournament championship, with Connecticut and Kentucky making it to the title game in a matchup of two of the lower-seeded teams in history to make it that far. But the fairy tale didn’t quite translate to ratings magic, with the numbers expected to be down from last year. (In the rough, not time-zone-adjusted fast nationals, the game drew a 6.0 in 18-49, down 20% from 2014, and 17.8 million viewers, down 14%.) Still, the basketball game towered over the competition, delivering a dominating nightly victory for CBS. NBC’s The Voice (3.4) ended its downward streak, even with last Monday. The network preempted drama The Blacklist to get struggling new Sunday reality series American Dream Builders some sampling behind Voice. It got some extra eyeballs with its best rating to date, but at a 1.6, Dream Builders held onto less than half of its lead-in and was down 43% from what Blacklist most recently logged in the hour. ABC’s Dancing With The Stars (2.1) slipped a tenth from its fast national last Monday (0.2 from the final) for a season low. Castle was a repeat. Fox’s Bones (1.6) was up a tenth from last week for its largest margin so far over lead-out The Following (1.4), flat with last Monday. Yet, in Live+7, the heavily DVR-ed The Following is expected to finish way ahead. The CW’s Star-Crossed (0.3) continues its seesaw run, down a tenth from last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NCAA Final Slips, Still Tops, ‘Dream Builders’ Soft Behind ‘Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming