Veteran scripted development executive Quan Phung has joined Slingshot Global Media, the Los Angeles-based independent television studio former FremantleMedia International CEO David Ellender launched in February with the backing of private investment firm TPG. For the past over five years, Phung was president of Bluegrass Television, the TV arm of Scott Stuber’s Bluegrass Film & Television, through the first-look deal the company had at Universal Television. Bluegrass is staying in the TV business as an independent company. Phung will serve as president of scripted television for Slingshot, overseeing development and production of comedy, drama series and limited-run event series for the U.S. market as well as “globally-appealing” straight-to-series projects through co-financing, co-production, and pre-sale deals. “By being nimble and quick to adapt to the evolving distribution environment, we can connect talented storytellers to a global TV audience seeking compelling original content,” Phung said. He previously served as SVP, Creative Affairs-Comedy for 20th Century Fox TV where he spearheaded the development and production of How I Met Your Mother and My Name Is Earl. At Fox Broadcasting Co, he worked as VP of drama and VP of comedy series, helping to develop House, Arrested Development, The Bernie Mac Show, and Grounded for Life. He started his entertainment career at NBC Entertainment in 1995, where he worked on the network’s live-action teen-oriented Saturday morning block.
Quan Phung To Head Scripted Television For David Ellender’s New Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?