The 3D sequel comes on the heels after last year’s Planes, which was originally a direct-to-video title before Dane Cook came aboard as the lead voice and Disney put its muscle behind it. The pic has made $90M domestic and $219M-plus worldwide to date after opening to $22.2M in August. Cook is back for the sequel, Planes: Fire & Rescue, in which Dusty the racing cropduster enters the world of aerial firefighting to help protect an historic national park from a wildfire. The pic is set for a July 18 release. Here’s the trailer that dropped today:
Hot Trailer: Disney’s ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+: Thanksgiving B.O.
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role