The 3D sequel comes on the heels after last year’s Planes, which was originally a direct-to-video title before Dane Cook came aboard as the lead voice and Disney put its muscle behind it. The pic has made $90M domestic and $219M-plus worldwide to date after opening to $22.2M in August. Cook is back for the sequel, Planes: Fire & Rescue, in which Dusty the racing cropduster enters the world of aerial firefighting to help protect an historic national park from a wildfire. The pic is set for a July 18 release. Here’s the trailer that dropped today:
Hot Trailer: Disney’s ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company