The 3D sequel comes on the heels after last year’s Planes, which was originally a direct-to-video title before Dane Cook came aboard as the lead voice and Disney put its muscle behind it. The pic has made $90M domestic and $219M-plus worldwide to date after opening to $22.2M in August. Cook is back for the sequel, Planes: Fire & Rescue, in which Dusty the racing cropduster enters the world of aerial firefighting to help protect an historic national park from a wildfire. The pic is set for a July 18 release. Here’s the trailer that dropped today:
Hot Trailer: Disney’s ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions