The 3D sequel comes on the heels after last year’s Planes, which was originally a direct-to-video title before Dane Cook came aboard as the lead voice and Disney put its muscle behind it. The pic has made $90M domestic and $219M-plus worldwide to date after opening to $22.2M in August. Cook is back for the sequel, Planes: Fire & Rescue, in which Dusty the racing cropduster enters the world of aerial firefighting to help protect an historic national park from a wildfire. The pic is set for a July 18 release. Here’s the trailer that dropped today:
Hot Trailer: Disney’s ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video