OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is re-upping Saturday night docu-series Raising Whitley for a second season and is ordering more episodes of Deion’s Family Playbook. Raising Whitley, from Pilgrim Studios, follows actress and comedienne Kym Whitley and her collective of friends – whom she calls “The Village” – as they attempt to do something none of them has ever done before – raise a child together. It hit a season high with its finale episode on March 8 with a .72 rating in the key demo of women 25-54 and 782,000 total viewers. Deion’s Family Playbook, which follows former pro athlete Deion Sanders, has averaged a .64 rating for women 25-54 and 716,000 total viewers. That makes it the highest-rated first season to date of a series among all docu-series in network history. Deion’s Family Playbook is produced by Edmonds Entertainment, Prime Time Media Ventures and Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television.
OWN Renews ‘Raising Whitley’ For Second Season, Orders Additional Episodes Of ‘Deion’s Family Playbook’
What's Hot on Deadline
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Jeremy Clarkson Introduces Amazon Drone Delivery Ahead Of ‘#Drive2Prime’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings