OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is re-upping Saturday night docu-series Raising Whitley for a second season and is ordering more episodes of Deion’s Family Playbook. Raising Whitley, from Pilgrim Studios, follows actress and comedienne Kym Whitley and her collective of friends – whom she calls “The Village” – as they attempt to do something none of them has ever done before – raise a child together. It hit a season high with its finale episode on March 8 with a .72 rating in the key demo of women 25-54 and 782,000 total viewers. Deion’s Family Playbook, which follows former pro athlete Deion Sanders, has averaged a .64 rating for women 25-54 and 716,000 total viewers. That makes it the highest-rated first season to date of a series among all docu-series in network history. Deion’s Family Playbook is produced by Edmonds Entertainment, Prime Time Media Ventures and Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television.
OWN Renews ‘Raising Whitley’ For Second Season, Orders Additional Episodes Of ‘Deion’s Family Playbook’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa