OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is re-upping Saturday night docu-series Raising Whitley for a second season and is ordering more episodes of Deion’s Family Playbook. Raising Whitley, from Pilgrim Studios, follows actress and comedienne Kym Whitley and her collective of friends – whom she calls “The Village” – as they attempt to do something none of them has ever done before – raise a child together. It hit a season high with its finale episode on March 8 with a .72 rating in the key demo of women 25-54 and 782,000 total viewers. Deion’s Family Playbook, which follows former pro athlete Deion Sanders, has averaged a .64 rating for women 25-54 and 716,000 total viewers. That makes it the highest-rated first season to date of a series among all docu-series in network history. Deion’s Family Playbook is produced by Edmonds Entertainment, Prime Time Media Ventures and Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television.
OWN Renews ‘Raising Whitley’ For Second Season, Orders Additional Episodes Of ‘Deion’s Family Playbook’
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest TV News
- Battling Republicans On CBS Fuel Highest-Rated Debate Of 2016
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order