Want to know who really was behind that Oscar selfie that tellingly was snapped on a Samsung phone? And the one last week that featured President Obama and baseball star David Ortiz? Maurice Levy, Chairman and CEO of France’s ad/PR giant Publicis Groupe, spilled the beans during his keynote interview today at Mip-TV in Cannes (watch a clip below). And he backed it up with some serious numbers. “The earned media — all the buzz which has been done around the Oscar [selfie] — represents roughly a value between $800 million to $1 billion because it has been all over the world,” Levy said. The theme of his sit-down with journalist and media commentator Kate Bulkley was “The Future of Content Is Digital.” Here’s the clip:
MIPTV: Publicis Chief Maurice Levy And The Billion-Dollar Selfie
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'