BBC America‘s Orphan Black second-season debut last Saturday doubled its total viewer and 25-54 audience, and upped its 18-49 viewing by 91% with Live+3 Day viewing. That shifted audience totaled 1.57 million for the premiere telecast and three weekend replays, including 927,000 adults 25-54 and 909,000 adults 18-49. Orphan Black is second only to BBC America’s highest-rated series Doctor Who, in adults 18-49. The Live+3 lift for the Season 2 premiere ranks No. 1 among all TV drama season premieres in the 2013-14 season to date. In L3, this season debut ranks well ahead of the show’s original unveiling: up 41% in total viewers, 52% in 25-54, and 65% in 18-49. In addition, Orphan Black was the No. 1 TV show on Twitter and Tumblr for the day of premiere and was the No. 1 basic cable drama on Twitter for the week.
‘Orphan Black’ Doubles Season Debut Audiences With Live + 3 Viewing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'