Elijah Wood and Sasha Grey star in writer-director Nacho Vigalondo‘s Open Windows, which premiered this month at SXSW in the Visions section. Cinedigm has landed U.S. distribution rights and plans a late summer or early fall 2014 release. Wood stars as Nick, who wins an online contest to have dinner with the hottest actress on earth Jill (Grey). When she cancels, he gets a call from a guy named Chord who offers to make it up to Nick by giving him the tools to spy on Jill from his computer for the rest of the night. Then the truth begins to reveal itself, with Nick playing a part in a much bigger plan. “Nacho is one of the most innovative and visionary filmmakers working today. And his talents are once again on full display in this high-tech, action-packed suspense film,” said Vincent Scordino, SVP Theatrical Releasing at Cinedigm. The deal was made by Cinedigm director of acquisitions Kristin Harris and CAA for the filmmakers.
SXSW: Cinedigm Acquires Nacho Vigalondo Pic ‘Open Windows’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM