Elijah Wood and Sasha Grey star in writer-director Nacho Vigalondo‘s Open Windows, which premiered this month at SXSW in the Visions section. Cinedigm has landed U.S. distribution rights and plans a late summer or early fall 2014 release. Wood stars as Nick, who wins an online contest to have dinner with the hottest actress on earth Jill (Grey). When she cancels, he gets a call from a guy named Chord who offers to make it up to Nick by giving him the tools to spy on Jill from his computer for the rest of the night. Then the truth begins to reveal itself, with Nick playing a part in a much bigger plan. “Nacho is one of the most innovative and visionary filmmakers working today. And his talents are once again on full display in this high-tech, action-packed suspense film,” said Vincent Scordino, SVP Theatrical Releasing at Cinedigm. The deal was made by Cinedigm director of acquisitions Kristin Harris and CAA for the filmmakers.
SXSW: Cinedigm Acquires Nacho Vigalondo Pic ‘Open Windows’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot