New York’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who came under fire for that hefty tax incentive the state gave NBC to bring the Tonight show back to Manhattan — handing over free money to NBC-parent Comcast, critics called it — this morning issued an official:
GOVERNOR CUOMO’S TOP TEN LIST OF REASONS WHY DAVID LETTERMAN IS A NEW YORK LEGEND
9. He has made more than 4,500 top ten lists.
8. He continued the Ed Sullivan Theatre’s legacy as a true New York icon by taping more than 4,000 shows at this world-renowned landmark.
7. He helped New York heal by being the first late night talk show host to come back on the air after September 11, 2001.
6. He contributed to keeping New Yorkers working by giving Paul Shaffer a steady job.
5. His shows have been nominated for more than 100 Emmy Awards.
4. He boosted the local economy by turning the Hello Deli into one of the most famous in the world.
3. He has made us laugh at the Late Show on weeknights for the past 21 years.
2. He never left the Empire State for that other coast.
1. He inspired the first top ten list by a New York State Governor.