NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams turned around the demo gap week-to-week to top ABC World News With Diane Sawyer in all key categories last week. Nightly logged 8.249 million viewers – 647,000 more than ABC (7.602 million) and 1.98 million more than CBS Evening News (6.281 million). In the news demo, Nightly averaged 1.970 million viewers – 38,000 ahead of ABC (1.932 million) and 467,000 ahead of CBS (1.503 million). Season to date, Nightly noted it’s posting its largest total-viewer advantage over ABC since the 2009-10 TV season. (ABC notes its newscast has cut its year-to-year demo margin with NBC by 88%, from 32,000 to 38,000). The NBC newscast has held the top spot in total viewers for 241 consecutive weeks, and in the younger adults 18-49 demo for 298 consecutive weeks.
‘NBC Nightly’ Tops News Race In Total Viewers, Demo
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Massachusetts Senator Urges Verizon, Cox To Resolve Local Fox Blackout
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'