NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams turned around the demo gap week-to-week to top ABC World News With Diane Sawyer in all key categories last week. Nightly logged 8.249 million viewers – 647,000 more than ABC (7.602 million) and 1.98 million more than CBS Evening News (6.281 million). In the news demo, Nightly averaged 1.970 million viewers – 38,000 ahead of ABC (1.932 million) and 467,000 ahead of CBS (1.503 million). Season to date, Nightly noted it’s posting its largest total-viewer advantage over ABC since the 2009-10 TV season. (ABC notes its newscast has cut its year-to-year demo margin with NBC by 88%, from 32,000 to 38,000). The NBC newscast has held the top spot in total viewers for 241 consecutive weeks, and in the younger adults 18-49 demo for 298 consecutive weeks.
‘NBC Nightly’ Tops News Race In Total Viewers, Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'