EXCLUSIVE: France’s Atlantique Productions is set to premiere footage from the second season of Transporter – The Series here in Cannes tomorrow, with showrunner Frank Spotnitz on hand. Based on Luc Besson’s Transporter film franchise, the series stars Chris Vance as professional transporter Frank Martin, who can always be counted on to get the job done — discreetly. Joining Vance is Italian actress Violante Placido who will play Caterina Boldieu, a former French intelligence officer who first met Frank when he rescued her from captivity in North Africa. Two years on, the brilliant strategist has come to work for him. Placido, repped by APA and The Lasher Group, broke out at home in L’Anima Gemella in 2002 and was nominated for a David di Donatello Best Actress award for Gianni Veronesi’s 2004 Che Ne Sarà Di Noi? Her feature Hollywood credits include Anton Corbijn’s George Clooney-starrer The American and 2011’s Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance. Most recently, she starred in French crime drama Le Guetteur, directed by her father Michel Placido and starring Daniel Auteuil and Mathieu Kassovitz. TNT acquired both seasons of Transporter earlier this year and will air it in fall 2014. The show’s first season is already airing in 185 countries. It’s produced by Atlantique’s Olivier Bibas and QVF’s Susan Murdoch in association with The Movie Network and Movie Central in Canada and M6 in France.
MIPTV: Italian Actress Violante Placido Joins ‘Transporter – The Series’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest International News
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish
- Peter Bart: Euros Baffled By U.S. Mega-Deals, But Still Hustle For U.S. Tourists
- FilmNation Boards Marc Webb-Directed ‘The Only Living Boy In New York’
- ‘Shameless’ Actor Cameron Monaghan Set To Star In ‘The White Devil’
- ‘Walking Dead’ Season 7 Debut Up 34% Internationally
- UK Creative Industries Call For Government-Industry Partnership Post-Brexit