Steve Buscemi is teaming with AOL for unscripted original Park Bench. Set in New York City, the web series is part of the AOL Originals platform which will carry the first season online in the U.S. Production starts this month in NY where Buscemi will interact with everyday denizens of the Big Apple along with his celebrity pals, discussing everything from pop culture to current events. The show is produced by Olive Productions and RadicalMedia, and is intended to convey Buscemi’s relationship with the city of New York and its array of one-of-a-kind characters. “Having lived and worked in New York my whole life, I’m ready to take advantage of all it has to offer,” said Buscemi. “I just need to lay down for five minutes.” FremantleMedia International will shop Park Bench at next week’s Mip-TV. Wren Arthur and Buscemi are executive producing for Olive; Justin Wilkes, Joe Killian and Jon Doran are exec producing for RadicalMedia. Buscemi and Olive are represented by WME, The Gotham Group and attorney George Sheanshang.
MIPTV: FremantleMedia Selling Steve Buscemi & AOL’s ‘Park Bench’ Web Series
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Tartaglione
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Debut Sets 10-Year Record For BBC2; Critics Howl With Praise – Video
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All
- ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors & More To Join Sean Bean
- Russia To Control Film Release Dates; Will Hollywood Feel A Push?