Endemol Worldwide Distribution has pacted with London-based Origin Pictures, makers of recent BBC mini Death Comes To Pemberley, in an exclusive three-year first-look deal. The partners will jointly develop and finance a new slate of drama series for the UK and international markets, marking a further push by Endemol into scripted projects. Endemol will provide development funding and will handle international rights. The pair previously worked together on Death Comes to Pemberley, which launched at Mipcom last October. Origin Pictures, founded in 2008 by former BBC Films exec David Thompson, works across television and features. Its TV credits include BAFTA nominated mini The Crimson Petal And The White and the upcoming BBC One mini Jamaica Inn starring Downton Abbey‘s Jessica Brown Findlay. On the feature side, Origin has produced 2011 horror pic The Awakening and last year’s Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom.
MIPTV: Endemol In First-Look Deal With Drama Producer Origin Pictures
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More