Endemol Worldwide Distribution has pacted with London-based Origin Pictures, makers of recent BBC mini Death Comes To Pemberley, in an exclusive three-year first-look deal. The partners will jointly develop and finance a new slate of drama series for the UK and international markets, marking a further push by Endemol into scripted projects. Endemol will provide development funding and will handle international rights. The pair previously worked together on Death Comes to Pemberley, which launched at Mipcom last October. Origin Pictures, founded in 2008 by former BBC Films exec David Thompson, works across television and features. Its TV credits include BAFTA nominated mini The Crimson Petal And The White and the upcoming BBC One mini Jamaica Inn starring Downton Abbey‘s Jessica Brown Findlay. On the feature side, Origin has produced 2011 horror pic The Awakening and last year’s Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom.
MIPTV: Endemol In First-Look Deal With Drama Producer Origin Pictures
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Tartaglione
- Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever
- 'Bang Bang' Shoots To Top Of 2014 Chart As #1 Bollywood Film In North America: Box Office
- Pedro Almodovar Feted As Thierry Frémaux's Lumière Fest Nears Close
- Well-Attended Mipcom Has Lots Of Drama, Lack Of Non-Scripted Breakouts
- 'Doll & Em' Renewed For 2nd Season; 'Top Of The Lake' Returning: Mipcom Briefs
- M Night Shyamalan Says 'Wayward Pines' Taught Him To Be Less "Precious"; Steven Moffat Talks 'Doctor Who': Mipcom