Disney said today that it has added sneak previews of its Jon Hamm-starring baseball pic Million Dollar Arm on the night of Saturday, May 10. Those screenings come ahead of the planned May 16 wide release, which is unchanged. The move comes as the marketing ramps up for the based-on-a-true-story pic, about a fading sports agent (Hamm) who hatches a plot to turn a pair of Indian cricket players into major league baseball players. Disney boss Alan Horn said at CinemaCon last month that the movie scored higher than any other movie he has ever tested — either at Disney or his former home Warner Bros — and exhibitors were talking it up after a screening. Tom McCarthy wrote the script and Craig Gillespie directed.
Disney’s ‘Million Dollar Arm’ Getting Early Sneak Previews
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection