Disney said today that it has added sneak previews of its Jon Hamm-starring baseball pic Million Dollar Arm on the night of Saturday, May 10. Those screenings come ahead of the planned May 16 wide release, which is unchanged. The move comes as the marketing ramps up for the based-on-a-true-story pic, about a fading sports agent (Hamm) who hatches a plot to turn a pair of Indian cricket players into major league baseball players. Disney boss Alan Horn said at CinemaCon last month that the movie scored higher than any other movie he has ever tested — either at Disney or his former home Warner Bros — and exhibitors were talking it up after a screening. Tom McCarthy wrote the script and Craig Gillespie directed.
Disney’s ‘Million Dollar Arm’ Getting Early Sneak Previews
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M – Friday…