While the multichannel YouTube network awaits a big buyout payday, it has signed a deal to create its first scripted drama series. Maker Studios, which last week thwarted Relativity’s acquisition bid weeks after making a deal with Disney potentially worth $950M, has partnered with the fashion/lifestyle brand Nylon. They will create programming for the Nylon TV YouTube channel, starting with Oh, You Pretty Things, starring Francesca Eastwood (watch the trailer below). The 10-episode series follows a lifestyle blogger and her group of twentysomething trendsetters looking to make their big break in the underground music and fashion scene on LA’s Eastside. Sarah Dumont, Tui Asau, Alexander Nifong, Julian de la Celle and Matthew Grathwol co-star. The show will premiere May 19 on Maker’s fashion and beauty channel The Platform.
Maker Studios Pacts With Nylon TV, Sets Scripted Drama ‘Oh, You Pretty Things': Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake