While the multichannel YouTube network awaits a big buyout payday, it has signed a deal to create its first scripted drama series. Maker Studios, which last week thwarted Relativity’s acquisition bid weeks after making a deal with Disney potentially worth $950M, has partnered with the fashion/lifestyle brand Nylon. They will create programming for the Nylon TV YouTube channel, starting with Oh, You Pretty Things, starring Francesca Eastwood (watch the trailer below). The 10-episode series follows a lifestyle blogger and her group of twentysomething trendsetters looking to make their big break in the underground music and fashion scene on LA’s Eastside. Sarah Dumont, Tui Asau, Alexander Nifong, Julian de la Celle and Matthew Grathwol co-star. The show will premiere May 19 on Maker’s fashion and beauty channel The Platform.
Maker Studios Pacts With Nylon TV, Sets Scripted Drama ‘Oh, You Pretty Things': Video
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'