While the multichannel YouTube network awaits a big buyout payday, it has signed a deal to create its first scripted drama series. Maker Studios, which last week thwarted Relativity’s acquisition bid weeks after making a deal with Disney potentially worth $950M, has partnered with the fashion/lifestyle brand Nylon. They will create programming for the Nylon TV YouTube channel, starting with Oh, You Pretty Things, starring Francesca Eastwood (watch the trailer below). The 10-episode series follows a lifestyle blogger and her group of twentysomething trendsetters looking to make their big break in the underground music and fashion scene on LA’s Eastside. Sarah Dumont, Tui Asau, Alexander Nifong, Julian de la Celle and Matthew Grathwol co-star. The show will premiere May 19 on Maker’s fashion and beauty channel The Platform.
Maker Studios Pacts With Nylon TV, Sets Scripted Drama ‘Oh, You Pretty Things’: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS