Under the multiyear overall pact, Dave Caplan will develop and produce unscripted programming through his Trooper Entertainment banner. Caplan joins Lionsgate TV from 51 Minds Entertainment, where he spent two years as VP Development and executive produced such series as Syfy’s Heroes Of Cosplay, MTV’s Scrubbing In, Syfy’s Ghost Mine and truTV’s Cash Dome. “Continued growth in the area of alternative programming is a high priority for our TV division and we are always looking for terrific partners,” said Lionsgate TV Group chairman Kevin Beggs. “Dave is an extremely creative producer and we anticipate a great collaboration.” Caplan’s move to Lionsgate comes on the heels of an executive restructuring at 51 Minds following the company CEO Cris Abrego’s appointment as co-chairman and co-CEO of parent Endemol North America that saw Christian Sarabia elevated to president of 51 Minds. Caplan previously worked in development at Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Studios where he developed Wicked Tuna. Lionsgate TV’s unscripted roster includes Roy Bank’s Banca Studio and Eli Frankel’s Rogue Atlas Prods, with its slate featuring Deal With It for TBS, Flea Market Flip for HGTV, the TVGN docuseries The Tequila Sisters,The Family Trade for GSN, and Iceberg Hunters for The Weather Channel.
Lionsgate TV Inks Overall Deal With Reality Producer Dave Caplan
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?