MPI Media Group’s Dark Sky Films banner is setting a fall 2014 theatrical release for LFO, a sci-fi comic thriller from Swedish helmer Antonio Tublen. MPI acquired all U.S. and international sales on the pic about a man (Patrik Karlson) who discovers he can hypnotize people with sound and starts experimenting on his neighbors (Izabella Jo Tschig, Per Löfberg) with his newfound analog power. Tublen wrote and directed the film which screened at Austin’s Fantastic Fest, where Elijah Wood and his SpectreVision partners caught it. They programmed it at their own L.A. festival and have come aboard to present LFO with Wood, Daniel Noah and Josh C. Waller serving as exec producers. “One of the reasons we started this company was to get behind great new genre films that deserve to be discovered by broader audiences. This is a subversive, funny and deeply unnerving low-techno thriller we’re proud to present,” said Wood. MPI’s Nicola Goelzhaeuser negotiated the deal with Alexander Brøndsted, producer and president of PingPongFilm. MPI will also be presenting LFO in Cannes. Here’s the trailer with English subtitles:
MPI & Elijah Wood’s SpectreVision Pact On Swedish Sci-Fi Thriller ‘LFO': Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'