The Last Word host Lawrence O’Donnell will be off the air as he recovers from a weekend car accident. MSNBC confirmed the news today in a statement: “Lawrence O’Donnell and his brother Michael were injured in a taxi accident on Saturday while vacationing out of the country. They were transported back to the US — Lawrence to NYC and Michael to Boston. They are both under the care of doctors and expected to make a full recovery. Lawrence will be off from MSNBC for several weeks as he recuperates. Our thoughts and support are with the O’Donnell family and we look forward to having Lawrence back on the air soon.” No word on their specific injuries. MSNBC says Alex Wagner is expected to fillv in for O’Donnell during the 10 PM ET time slot Monday and Tuesday of this week with Ari Melber taking Wednesday and Thursday.
Lawrence O’Donnell Will Be Off MSNBC “For Several Weeks” After Car Accident
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Hasty Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'