EXCLUSIVE: Hot off the biggest animated movie of all time with Frozen, Josh Gad is reteaming with Disney. He and his writing partner Ryan Dixon will be developing an untitled comedy/family adventure for the studio. The project marks his first post-Frozen collaboration with Disney, having won an Annie Award for voicing Olaf the snowman in the Oscar-winning toon. He has a number of acting projects in the pipeline, including Pixels at Sony, The Wedding Ringer at Screen Gems and Gilligan’s Island at Warner Bros. He’s also starring with Billy Crystal in FX’s The Comedians, which was picked up to series last month. He next appears in Zach Braff’s crowdfunded film Wish I Was Here. He is repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney P.J. Shapiro. Dixon penned the comedy Opening Night and is writing the Twins sequel Triplets.
Josh Gad Developing Family Comedy-Adventure Film At Disney
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars Blows It, Gives Best Picture To Wrong Film; Chaos On Stage As ‘Moonlight’ Wins
- Oscar Winners: Emma Stone, Mahershala Ali & More Take Home The Golden Statue – Photo Gallery